Agile Methods emphasize:
- Iteration: Deliver a simple, functional system right away, and then make improvements over time.
- Increments: Break large projects down into smaller pieces and prioritize them. Solve the most important problems first. Fix the remaining issues over time, in priority order.
- Self-Organizing Teams: Every project team has the autonomy to organize itself, so that team members can complete their work items in the most efficient way.
- Emergence: Let technology requirements materialize during the development cycle, rather than dictate them at the outset of a project. Have the flexibility to adapt as you learn more about the problem you’re solving.
- Creating a Positive Work Environment: When you punish failure, you inhibit creativity and collaboration. Agile recognizes that failure is how you learn and work your way to success.
- Organizational Transparency: Telling the truth matters. Do it, and you’ll build trust among your team members and within your company.
For more background on Agile, read the Agile Manifesto and the Principals Behind the Agile Manifesto.
Follow this link for a roadmap of a typical Agile Engagement..
Agile Business Consulting Services
We’ll help you adopt Agile business practices that enable a relentless focus on business value, learning to learn, and supporting your business to be as effective as it can be.
Agile Leadership Development
Cultivate and support leaders who understand Agile practices, and are able to successfully promote their adoption in your organization.
Agile Software Development Team Support
Transform your existing software development processes using Agile methodologies. We can assist your development team in the successful adoption of Agile practices with training and mentoring. The result: on-time, on-budget, high-quality, high-value software systems.
Agile Project Therapy
If you have a project that’s in trouble, it’s never too late to turn it around.
Agile Practice Adoption
If you understand the value of Agile, but want help putting the methodologies into practice throughout your organization, we can help you get started with:
- Adaptive project management
- Agile estimation and planning
- Creating and empowering cross-functional teams
- Daily standup meetings
- Pair programming
- Sustainable pace
- Test-driven development